Sunday 12 February 2017

The Avengers: Steed & Mrs Peel TPB (Big Finish)

product image

Big Finish is a company that produces mostly audio adventures of Doctor Who and other TV related material, a large number of which I purchased until the good Doctor returned to television. Now they have turned their attention to The Avengers with audio stories of Steed & Mrs Peel based on adventures originally published in the girls paper/comic Diana.

When I saw this tucked away in Previews it was an immediate "want" added to my "pull-list" at my local comic shop. As a young boy there was no way I would have been seen reading "soppy girls comics" as was the general outlook of my generation. More fool me!



These stories (there are eight in all) are beautifully illustrated and in colour! If I have any criticism of this book it's the shrinking of the format which strains my ageing eyes! Still maybe it's a sign I need new reading glasses, so don't let that put you off.

These adventures were originally published in Diana #199 to #224 in the sixties.




Story Images: lewstringer.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment