Sunday 16 April 2017

The Rook #4 (Warren/1980)



Up until now I have been occasionally reading adventures of The Rook in Eerie Magazine. However I thought it was about time to dip into his solo comic and picked up one of two issues available in my local comic shop.

The artwork by Lee Elias in the lead Rook story is superb and the story co-starring Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Jules Verne grabbed my interest so over time I will be seeking out further back issues.

The backup stories in this issue however left me nonplussed. Voltar might grow on me though.

Sadly this comic magazine only lasted 14 issues despite strong sales worldwide. Currently the licence is held by Dark Horse Comics where new material is appearing from time to time.

I also recommend this website for fans of the Rook: The Master of Time which contains far more material than I can ever hope to publish!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment